For more information, email leslie.hogan at ccs.ucsb.edu
or call (805) 893–7001.
UCSB campus maps.
- Monday, April 26—Friday April 30 (Installation)
- Activated Space, Installation by Luke Thomas Taylor, in the
stairwell to the basement offices, between Lotte Lehman Concert Hall and the Music Department office.
"Activated Space" explores the sound world of everyday spaces. Free admission.
- Wednesday, April 28, 8PM, Lotte Lehmann Concert Hall
- Ensemble for Contemporary Music,
directed by Jeremy Haladyna.
Works by Clarence Barlow, Leslie A. Hogan, Justin Weaver, Scott Perry, Eliot Burk, and Joel Hunt. Admission charged.
- Thursday, April 29, 8PM, Lotte Lehmann Concert Hall
- CREATE Concert, directed by Curtis Roads, Works by Bebe Barron, Robert Morris, Ludger Brümmer. World premiere of Curtis Roads' "Never." Guest composer: Robert Morris. Admission charged.
- Friday, April 30, 7PM, Lotte Lehmann Concert Hall
- Electric Catfish is an African whiskered fish that can produce a 350-volt electric shock; it is also multifaceted concert of pieces written by UCSB student composers for the musical enjoyment of humans. Works by Katherine Saxon, Luke Thomas Taylor, Salman Bakht, Brian Hansen, Joel Hunt, Barak Perelman, and Joann Cho. Free admission.
- Friday, April 30, 8:30PM, UCen HUB
- RedBlack, organized by Ron Sedgwick.
Stretching the boundaries of "cracked media" this avant-garde concert event will highlight emerging trends in crushed electronica music, new media art, and dance with possible "flash mob" sightings. Free admission.